If you're receiving this error, it means we have detected extensive abuse originating from your email account. Examples of abuse include:
- Spam email
- Bulk email
- High complaint rates
- Lots of invalid recipients
The 550 5.7.1 [ESA] block is based upon cumulative temporary blocking for a particular sending account. After a number of these temporary blocks have been issued and our system continues to see the problematic traffic, a permanent block is issued which must be manually removed in order to continue sending/relaying through the MailChannels systems.
How can I unblock my account as an end-user?
Secure your account by performing the following steps:
- Change your password. Ensure your new password has a minimum length of eight characters and uses a mixture of upper and lower case letters, numbers, and special characters.
- Verify that your operating system is running with the latest security updates.
- Update your anti-virus software and conduct a full scan of your system to ensure that a spammer has not installed spam-sending malware on your computer.
If these steps do not resolve the problem, please file a support request with your web hosting provider.
How can I unblock an end-user account as a service provider?
1) In MailChannels Console, search for the blocked sender and click the "Report Issue" icon. If the account has been blocked with this error message, it will be unblocked automatically.
2) Every time an email is blocked with "550 5.7.1 [ESA] Sender blocked", a notification gets sent out to the email address you have configured. The notification will also contain a link to unblock the account. If you automate the process, you can POST to the URL to unblock the account.
How do I enable notifications?
Enable "Receive Notifications" by logging into the MailChannels Console, if you have not done so already. Refer the following article on enabling notifications.
IMPORTANT: If an account is unblocked without securing the account, it would get blocked again. An account can be unblocked without any manual intervention only once every 30 days.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org in case of any questions or issues.