If you're receiving this error, it means our system has detected extensive abuse originating from your email account. Examples of abuse include:
- Spam email
- Bulk email
- High complaint rates
- Lots of invalid recipients
How can I unblock my account as an end user?
Secure your account against compromise by performing the following:
- Change your password. Ensure your new password has a minimum length of eight characters and uses a mixture of upper and lower case letters, numbers, and special characters.
- Verify that your operating system is running with the latest security updates.
- Update your anti-virus software and conduct a full scan of your system to ensure that a spammer has not installed spam-sending malware on your computer.
If these steps do not resolve the problem, please file a support request with your web hosting provider.
How can I unblock an end user account as a service provider?
1) Enable "Receive Notifications" by logging into the MailChannels Console, if you have not done so already. Refer to the following article on enabling notifications:
2) Every time an email is blocked with "550 5.7.1 [SB01] Your email address has been blocked due to complaints", a notification gets sent out to the email address you have configured. The notification will also contain a link to unblock the account. If you automate the process, you can POST to the URL to unblock the account.
IMPORTANT: If an account is unblocked without securing the account, it would get blocked again. An account can be unblocked without any manual intervention only once every 30 days.